Do I Need SEO?

My blog is about my photographs from the Snowdonia National Park and the beautiful North Wales coastline. I only started it last week but previously I had a blog on WordPress dot com which had  over 2100 followers, but we all know that followers does not necessarily mean traffic to your site.
To be honest it had gone stale and so had I. All to often I was trying to please the great god of SEO instead of doing what I do best photography.

Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools are not for me this time round. I spent far too much time before, looking at their stats trying to improve my rankings, optimising my site etc. For what? About 4 or 5 comments on every post I made.

No more. Photography is what Say It With A Camera is about and photographs are what you are going to get.

Snowdon and Crib Goch

Walking along the Miners Track you get this view of Snowdon and Crib Goch, two of the most famous mountains in the national park which by the way I own the copyright for. No! Not the view, the photograph. Talking of copyright just so we are clear. I own the copyright of all my photographs. Full details can be found on the Legal Stuff page of this blog. Some of my photographs are for sale through REDBUBBLE. My most recent prints can be found on the Buy Prints of this blog.

Chaffinch

Today I was at a small nature reserve called The Spinnies. It’s a great place for bird-watching, especially as you can get pretty close by using the hides. They say when you are blogging you should always ask questions so here it is. Are you interested in Wildlife photography? Or would you prefer landscapes? That’s two questions, so I must be doing something right.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Llyn Nantle Uchaf