Reflections at Night

BBC Scotland
Occasionally you get lucky with a photograph and all the conditions are right to let you produce the photograph you imagined when you first looked at the scene.

Take this one of the BBC Scotland studios. I don’t visit Glasgow often and when I do I always stay in a hotel very close to this building. In my minds eye I to photograph this building I imagined a flat calm river basin at night, where the reflection was absolutely perfect.

However in past trips there’s always a wind, breaking up the reflection on the water. Have you ever been in that situation? You want to photograph something but the weather conditions aren’t right. I know I have, often.

Last year though, the weather conditions were perfect. A still cold night, bitterly cold in fact, not a breath of air at ground level, flat calm water and the building lit up. Just what I wanted.

Of course there is a way round this. I could always have achieved a great reflection in Photoshop using the “How to create a cityscape reflection in Photoshop” by Jimmy McIntyre.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Llyn Nantle Uchaf